The FCC is proposing to redefine what a franchise fee is – and it will radically reduce the level of monetary support available to run PEG access channels across the United States, and thus heavily cut funds for community media centers like BIG.
We need your help to ensure that your elected officials know that you support community media, so please call them and ask them to stop the FCC from defunding PG channels!
The Alliance for Community Media has also set up a letter generator so you can promote letters to Congress to stop the FNPRM on cable franchising. Submitting a letter takes only a few minutes, and greatly helps show support for community media centers!
1. Go to: https://www.petition2congress.com/ctas/stop-fcc-from-defunding-peg-channels
2. Enter your Zip Code
3. This will highlight your senators, who you can write to.
4. An automatic letter will appear, which you are welcome to add your own comments to.
5. Please then fill in our contact information, and click “Save and Preview”
6. Then click “Send Comments” and enter in your phone number