Content Agreement and Program Proposal
I am a member in good standing of Brookline Cable Community Trust and as such, I have previously declared my knowledge and acceptance of all the conditions of membership, as well as the responsibilities, or waivers thereof, that are a part of my use of Brookline Interactive Group (BIG) equipment, facilities and cablecast time. This document is a timely reaffirmation of my membership commitments:
I have read, to the best of my ability understand, and agree to follow the Rules and Procedures of BIG, particularly that:
• The equipment and facilities will be used solely for the production of local programming for BIG, or for activities
Associated with the training courses offered there.
• I am thoroughly familiar with the nature of the program material and take full responsibility for its content;
• The following material is prohibited for presentation on any access channel:
– ANY COMMERCIAL PROGRAMMING OR ADVERTISING
– ANY MATERIAL WHICH CONSTITUTES LIBEL OR SLANDER
– ANY PORNOGRAPHY OR OBSCENE MATERIAL OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS, AND INVASION OF PRIVACY
– ANY MATERIALS IN VIOLATION OF F.C.C. REGULATIONS
– ANY MATERIAL OR ACTIVITY WHICH VIOLATES LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAWS
• I agree to obtain all necessary clearances and permissions from all organizations and individuals to videotape and cablecast material on the access channel
• In taking equipment from the facility, or using any on-site facilities, a bailment is created wherein I agree to take responsibility for this equipment and these facilities with the same care as would a staff member of BIG, including but not limited to the avoidance of inclement weather, hazardous locations, and security risks, especially the leaving of borrowed equipment in an unattended motor vehicle, and the exercise of all reasonable cautions to avoid loss or damage. In the event of such a loss or damage, I agree to fully cooperate with the BIG insurance carrier in any claims investigation, and to make all necessary reports to law enforcement authorities and BIG, as required. I understand that gross negligence or misconduct by me resulting in damage or loss may require that I be held financially responsible for such loss.
• I agree to hold harmless, both severally and separately, the Town of Brookline, Brookline Cable Community Trust, Comcast, and RCN, their directors, employees, or successors for any liability, loss, claim, cost or damage of any nature whatsoever which may arise by reason of any claim that any material cablecast or disseminated by me infringes or violates any rights of any person or organization.
• Should any equipment I have borrowed fail to operate, or operate incorrectly, I will cease any use, and report the problem at once to a BIG staff person. I will not make any attempt to repair or disassemble this equipment.