1) Read our policies regarding COVID-19 safety
2) Fill out the Acknowledgement & Health Attestation form
3) Reserve facilities or equipment
Current hours of operation are by appointment only: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 3:30 PM to 8:00 PM
BIG’s facilities will be re-open by appointment only beginning Tuesday, September 7th at 3:30-8pm, subject to changes in the public health status of COVID-19’s new variants. Please read all of our rules regarding use of our facility at this time.
Only those with appointments who have filled out the COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Health Attestation below will be permitted entry. This must be completed a minimum of two hours but no more than 24 hours prior to entry.
BIG is constantly reviewing updated COVID-19 protocols regarding new variant restrictions and public health concerns. All events, classes and access to our facilities is up to the discretion of BIG’s leadership team and based on the safety of our staff, students and the public.
Stay tuned- as conditions evolve, BIG may cancel or move scheduled events and classes to virtual or to curbside checkouts. Due to the evolving nature of Covid-19 public safety, BIG reserves the right to cancel and/or move any studio or class sessions to a virtual environment or outdoors (weather-permitting), revise our policies.
All indoor use of the facilities will require proof of full vaccination (photo of your vaccination card and a matching ID is sufficient) and the wearing of masks at all times in the studio, theater, meeting rooms and other public spaces. Curbside accommodations will be made for members of the public who are not vaccinated to assure residents equitable access to BIG’s equipment.
Use of BIG’s facilities will be open to BIG members who are in good standing, by reservation only, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:30pm to 8pm. All members must be wrapped up and out of the editing rooms by 7:45pm. To learn more about getting or renewing a membership, click here.
Studio reservations must be made in-advance including a pre-planning conversation with BIG staff members regarding safe and efficient use of the studio space. All reservations must be made 24 hours in-advance through our RueShare reservation system. If you need help making a reservation, see this tutorial or email email@example.com. As a last resort, you may call our office at 617-731-8566 and staff will return your call when they are able.
Equipment reservations also must be made in-advance during our open hours, in the RueShare reservation system. For more information on available equipment, click here. Equipment may be reserved for 24, 48 or 72 hours, or over a long weekend.
Members can review our complete equipment, studio and membership policies here.
Brookline Interactive Group is committed to keeping employees, members, students and visitors safe. One of the main ways to ensure this is by encouraging everyone to stay home if they are sick. This information is subject to change given the emerging nature of COVID-19 and new variants.
Health and Safety Protocols
- If you have been told to quarantine, please do not come to BIG at all nor make an appointment until you are fully out of quarantine.
- Monitor your health. If you feel at all sick – (feverish, sore throat, cough, nausea, short of breath, loss of smell, rash, stomachache, etc.) please stay home. Since cold, flu and allergy symptoms are similar to those of COVID-19, you must not enter Brookline Interactive Group if you are experiencing any of the symptoms noted above.
- A face covering is required at all times within the facility. The only exception is when there is a single staff member in their own office or under the stated guidelines for on-air production talent.
- If you are not willing or unable to wear a face covering, entry is not permitted. If on-site, you will be asked to leave. Face coverings must be worn correctly – covering the nose and mouth and clean and free of rips or tears. Approved face coverings can be found at the CDC website. Gaiter type masks are not permitted.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the main entrance and throughout the facility. Immediately upon entry sanitize your hands. Wash or sanitize your hands frequently throughout your time at BIG.
- Members and the public are not permitted in staff offices.
- Please maintain 6 ft. distance from staff and others.
- We kindly ask that you help us keep the facility clean. Please wipe down equipment using a provided disinfectant. Staff members will also sanitize facility spaces and equipment before and after use.
- BIG’s cleaning service comes weekly. We ask that you assist us in maintaining clean restrooms. We have installed automatic systems in each bathroom. Please wash your hands well after using the restroom by following CDC Guidelines of washing for at least 20 seconds, rinsing and drying well. After washing hands, please use a paper towel to exit the restroom and dispose of it in the receptacle outside the restrooms. Please dispose of all trash appropriately – ONLY toilet paper is to be placed in the toilet.
- As a production facility, on-air talent do not wear face coverings. Therefore it is important that we are aware of the vaccination status of members and visitors so that all appropriate safety precautions are taken. All guests must sign the COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Health Attestation form before coming to BIG. Staff will print these out and check all members and guests in at the front desk upon arrival.
- Everyone entering the premises is required to fill out the COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Health Attestation. Knowing who is fully vaccinated (two weeks following the second-dose of Moderna or Pfizer or two weeks after the single dose J & J vaccine), is critical in allowing us to make additional reopening decisions.
- If following your time at BIG you are notified that you’ve been in close contact with anyone known to have tested positive for COVID-19, or who is presumed positive because of symptoms, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify BIG.
- Reservations require 48 hours notice, and must be made through our online RueShare reservation system here.
- If meeting in person, it must be in a space able to accommodate distancing with attendees a minimum of six-feet away from each other and wearing a face covering. If all parties are vaccinated or from the same household, there are no distancing requirements but all parties must sign the COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Health Attestation.
- No gatherings that exceed six people are permitted in the facility. Social distancing and all other safety precautions must be observed. With proof of vaccination, additional attendees may be added at the discretion of and with the permission of the Executive Director.
Studio use and Equipment Reservations and Pick-up/Drop-off
- If you are not vaccinated or prefer to not come into the building, please indicate this when you arrive to staff. We will bring equipment to you at the bottom of the stairs outside.
- Call BIG at 617-731-8566 to alert staff that you have arrived and we will send the elevator down for you. Follow staff instructions to pick-up or drop-off.
- Please arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled pick-up and drop-off time.
Member visits to BIG are currently limited to twice per week. The duration of each visit may not exceed three (3) hours. Standing reservations will be made at the discretion of staff to ensure equitable access.
Only those with appointments who have filled out the COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Health Attestation will be permitted entry. This must be completed a minimum of 2 hours but no more than 24 hours prior to entry.
You can make a reservation online in advance of using BIG’s facilities, but in order to use the space/equipment, you must fill out the COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Health Attestation.
STAFF ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PERMIT ENTRY TO ANYONE WHO HAS NOT FILLED OUT THE COVID-19 Policy Acknowledgement & Health Attestation.