Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications & Engagement Manager will lead marketing communications and community engagement efforts to generate new members and donors, build organizational awareness and participation, manage strategic partnerships and community engagement projects to promote the mission, media services, and the long-term sustainability of Brookline Interactive Group (BIG).
The Manager will generate brand awareness through new and existing community engagement strategies, cultivate and oversee relationships and projects with community members and interns, support the cultivation of new and existing donors, and provide content and support for community engagement partnerships. The Manager will support other marketing, engagement, and outreach initiatives in support of BIG’s organizational goals as prioritized by the Board of Directors and the Executive Director. This is a fully benefitted, up to 40 hours/week, exempt, salaried career position, currently operating remotely with two-to-four in-person work visits per month required post-pandemic, in Brookline, MA.
Integrated Marketing Communications
- Increase visibility and add value to Brookline Interactive Group’s brand through strategic communication and partnership collaboration across multiple platforms, consistent messaging and timing, and expanded content development.
- Work with the executive and deputy directors to develop content for the annual report, brochures, web sites, reports, events, program guides, and media.
- Write copy and submit content for marketing publications, community calendars; coordinate regular newsletter, email alerts, and support grant submissions.
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
Social Media & Online Content
- Expand social media profiles, online engagement, and outreach KPIs with timely content and an evergreen, consistent post calendar- working with staff members, a Social Impact fellow, and interns.
- Create targeted daily social media posts on multiple platforms using efficient tools, working with operations and executive team members on content strategies. Create graphics, posts, and video interstitials.
Manage Community Engagement Partnership Content
- Lead content development and updates to Civicbrookline.com by coordinating interns and volunteers; interviewing, recruiting, and aggregating content and partners; and researching and implementing community engagement tools on the website in collaboration with IT.
- Co-manage Social Impact fellow to coordinate content and activities related to civicbrookline.com.
- Support Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives through coordination of events, strategic partners, materials, and communication with town departments and volunteer committees.
- Oversee communications and social media interns; managing their completion of projects.
- Work collaboratively to draft, coordinate and report on strategic communications and brand awareness for donor lead development, membership pitches, and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Work with the executive team to continue to build a diversified fundraising plan and outcomes.
- Coordinate membership and donor engagement with community mailings, thank you cards, and emails.
- Research and write grant proposals, reports, and LOIs.
- Oversee regular database entry and deliver monthly and annual reports.
Miscellaneous Responsibilities of all BIG staff
- Assist with video production and community journalism projects as assigned.
- Teach occasional storytelling, media, and/or writing programs with youth, low-income residents, adults, and within BIPOC communities.
- Assist the Executive Director and other management staff with day-to-day operations as needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Creative and innovative approach marketing communications and fundraising; an ability to link the organization’s mission, programs, and priorities with readers, viewers, participants, and donors’ interests in giving.
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to compose, edit and proofread materials.
- Graphic design experience; plus experience in using web development tools and content management software systems. (Adobe Suite and/or Canva)
- Experience working with multiple social media platforms in an organizational environment.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style; commitment to ongoing self-improvement, quick resolution of problems, and a proactive communication style.
- Commitment to the mission and philosophy of Brookline Interactive Group.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple projects, with sound judgment, changing priorities, and be thorough, organized, and attentive to detail.
- Work creatively and flexibly in a collaborative team environment, operating autonomously with minimal supervision, but accepting direction, supervision, and guidance when appropriate.
- Ability to represent the organization professionally, present information to public entities, donors, and members, and communicate team effort.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other people of diverse social, cultural, economic, age, gender, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Exercise good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality of sensitive information related to agency business, personnel, and operations.
Demonstrated ability to
- Work creatively and flexibly in a collaborative team environment, operating autonomously under minimal supervision and to provide and accept direction, supervision, and guidance when appropriate.
- Manage multimedia, graphics, and video productions.
- Meet deadlines and demonstrate advanced project management skills.
- Use Web 3.0 and social media tools to engage the community, membership, and donors.
- Communicate concerns and conflicts openly and positively, and work to resolve and solve project challenges with peers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Understand the need for, and learn more about, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives related to organizational goals. To amplify underrepresented voices, work with diverse teams, and be able to listen deeply in non-partisan, community-engaged environments.
- Must be comfortable and available for night and weekend shifts, on a monthly basis.
- Must be willing to use personal vehicles for business-related travel in Brookline and Boston, as needed.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license (or be willing to obtain one upon employment), have a safe driving record, and maintain Massachusetts minimum required automobile insurance.
- Must pass a CORI check, if needed for job duties.
- Must demonstrate basic communications and new media production ability.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree preferred with an emphasis in communications, creative or business writing, organizational management, and/or marketing communications.
- OR, experience raising funds for non-profit organizations through grants, individual donors, and other gifts.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Requires the ability to exert a small amount of physical effort in sedentary to light work involving moving from one area to another; requires sufficient hand/eye coordination to perform repetitive movements. Work is typically performed in an indoor office environment, however, Covid-19 pandemic conditions have temporarily modified where the work may be done, at least in 2021.
- The environment is oriented to public service and subject to constant work interruptions. Employees may work under the stress of continual public and/or inter-departmental contact and work with volunteers, adhere to tight timelines and meet a high level of communications goals.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, all BIG employees are provided with a MacBook Pro, a Zoom lighting kit, access to online tools, and media-making equipment (cameras, lighting, audio, etc.)
Our organization is committed to amplifying all voices in our community and to racial equity, inclusion, and is working to eliminate societal inequalities in our policies, engagement, and in our daily practice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Tuesday, February 2nd at midnight EST.