Brookline Interactive Group (BIG) ensures a place for all Brookline residents to access media-making technology, amplify their voices and tell their stories, develop media literacy and new skills, and sustain a vibrant and transparent democracy. BIG also manages a number of community-based storytelling and participatory media educational initiatives, including hosting the Public VR Lab. Learn more at: brooklineinteractive.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Manager will organize BIG’s day-to-day administrative duties including scheduling, facility reservations, product ordering, financial data entry and reporting, security monitoring, and membership engagement.
The ideal candidate is a dependable, organized “people person” who has finance and administrative experience, a keen eye for detail, strong working knowledge of office administration tools, and is welcoming and engaging with diverse members of the public.
They will cultivate and oversee relationships with new and existing clients, draft contracts and coordinate meetings, and organize mailings, handouts, and staff/member events. They will provide daily data entry and tracking for all memberships and donors, and possess a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and mutual respect for BIG’s staff, volunteers, interns and members.
The Office Manager is a full-time, non-exempt, career position with generous health, dental and vision benefits as well as a company 5% matching 401(k) contribution in 2022. This position will be on site for three days a week and a four days a week schedule in person may be required in the future. Salary is commensurate with experience; in the expected range of $45,000-55,000, plus a hiring bonus.To apply: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
Typical Duties (may include but are not limited to the following):
- Manage incoming mail.
- Schedule and attend weekly phone meetings for team projects
- Manage onboarding process for new employees.
- Manage relationship with ADP for payroll and other HR.
- Manage and prepare reports, Board communications, and meeting schedules.
- Manage PayPal, Patreon, Venmo, and Square data entry, thank you notes, and reporting.
- Serve as day-to-day liaison to the accountant on routine financial transactions and supporting the annual audit and state and other reporting needs.
- Data entry into Quickbooks and members into the RueShare system.
- Write content and post notices in the facilities or online.
- Handle accounts and events with Eventbrite.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff.
- Handle calendars, scheduling of meetings with external partners, staff, interns, and board members.
- Coordinate logistics for special events and activities. Attend some weekend booth events as needed.
- Manage physical and digital filing systems.
- Work with the Executive Director and CPA to organize annual audits and provide data and regular financial oversight.
- Do weekly bank deposits and data entry for all AR/AP, and review with the Executive Director weekly.
- Provide backup for evening government meetings and/or special evening events, as needed.
Education and Experience
- Past business, finance or office manager experience with a small business or nonprofit organization, including experience with Quickbooks and other financial related online payment systems like Paypal, Square, etc
- Sales aptitude and/or background in media production services or educational services.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Three years of administrative assistant experience.
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the skills, knowledge, and abilities required by this position.
- Data Entry, Reporting and Tracking
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Basic understanding of QuickBooks
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
- Exceptional Customer Service
Demonstrated ability to:
- Manage simple data entry, facility reservations, scheduling, welcome members and organizational needs on a day-to-day basis.
- Work creatively and flexibly in a collaborative team environment, operating autonomously under minimal supervision and to provide and accept direction, supervision and guidance when appropriate.
- Work in an organized manner, create work-plans and meet deliverables on deadline.
- Competency in a non-profit or community-oriented environment with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Meet deadlines and demonstrate advanced project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with impeccable spelling or the ability to edit professional documents at a high level of written communication.
- Convey a warm, friendly, respectful, and professional public manner.
- Work effectively with government and business entities.
- Work effectively in a volunteer environment.
- Communicate concerns and conflicts openly and positively, and is quick to resolve and solve project challenges with peers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be comfortable and available for weekly evening shifts, and occasional weekend shifts.
- Must be willing to use either a personal vehicle or rent one for business-related travel in Brookline and Boston.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license (or be willing to obtain one upon employment), have a safe driving record, and maintain MA minimum required automobile insurance.
- Must pass a CORI check.
- Must demonstrate financial data understanding upon request, and a reference check that must include former supervisors.
BIG is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. BIG recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need. If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.